Share Your Creativity
Share an original artistic expression about living with or caring for someone with a nervous system disorder or the importance of ending stigma. You can submit an image, recording or audio file of any artistic medium – a painting or drawing, video, illustration, piece of writing, etc.
Submit your artwork to the Art of Ending Stigma gallery using the form below.
Please correct the following:
Champions of Science: The Art of Ending Stigma
Sponsored by Janssen Research & Development, LLC
Champions of Science: The Art of Ending Stigma is part of Janssen’s Champions of Science initiative – a multi-faceted program that recognizes the impact of science on humanity.
To help end the stigma about mental illness and brain disorders, Janssen and participating organizations invite you to submit an original piece of artwork to encourage deeper conversation around the impact of brain disorders for patients, their families, and caregivers.
Interested in participating? Check out the eligibility and submission requirements outlined below. You will need to follow these in order to share your artwork. It’s as easy as three simple steps!
- Upload a picture/artwork, text document, video or song. You can also insert a link to video or audio files. Be sure to review the submission guidelines before uploading. All work submitted must be original.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Use the hashtag #ArtofEndingStigma
Important Information about Your ARTISTIC SUBMISSION
- For video submissions, please upload your video (no longer than 120 seconds) to your YouTube account and copy-paste the publicly accessible YouTube video URL in the artwork submission form’s video submission field.
- For audio submissions, please upload your audio track (no longer than 120 seconds) to your SoundCloud account and make sure it is publicly accessible. Then get an embed code for your track, click the 'Share' button below the waveform and an overlay will appear. Copy the embed code from 'Code' into the artwork submission form’s audio submission field.
- For photo/artwork submissions, please ensure your image is less than 5 MB in size and in one of the following two formats – JPG or PNG.
- You will be required to submit a separate consent form if you choose to upload a creative submission that includes other recognizable persons, utilizing their image, likeness and/or voice for the purpose of this campaign in order for your submission to be considered for display online at artofendingstigma.com and any other websites outside of Janssen’s control, such as YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or other non-Janssen sites. This consent form will be sent to you from Janssen via the email address you included in your submission. All parties must review, sign and send the completed consent form back to Janssen in order for your submission to be featured.
- Please do not include any specific brand and/or product names, including generic names of medications, in your submission.
- Your submission may be considered for an opportunity to be displayed at a future Janssen event. Janssen will notify you in advance if it is selected for display.
- If you have any questions about your submission, please email email@example.com.
- Participants may upload their art any time from September 7, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting my work, I acknowledge that I am over the age of 18, and that the work (art/photo/video/writing/song file or other artistic expression) is of my creation and to my knowledge does not copy any works of other persons. If I have chosen to make my submission anonymously, Janssen has the right to remove personally identifiable information from it. Janssen has the right to share my submission on the Gallery page on this website and potentially other Janssen channels, marketing materials or events in relation to this communications program, and I will not be compensated for my submission. Janssen acknowledges and agrees that I will retain the ownership of any work submitted. My email address will only be used to notify me if I need to submit a consent form due to other recognizable persons in my submission, when my submission has been posted, if it is selected for display at a future Janssen event, or if Janssen needs me to resubmit. If accepted, my submission will be posted shortly after submission and will be viewable and sharable by anyone viewing this website.
JANSSEN GLOBAL SERVICES, LLC TERMS & CONDITIONS
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which I hereby acknowledge, I agree as follows:
I hereby give and grant to Janssen Global Services, LLC and its affiliated entities the non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to use the work submitted worldwide throughout the duration of this project and, if I agreed to be named, my name, biographical or occupational description, phrases regarding me (or incidents or anecdotes concerning me), my portrait, picture, photographs, likeness, or voice, or any or all of them, audio, video or film recordings of me, computer generated images of me, or audio or pictures or video in which I may be included in whole or part, in all forms and media (which specifically includes internet use and any and all media which now exists or which may exist in the future), and in all manners, whether produced by standard photographic or other techniques (all collectively, the “Authorized Material”), in connection with whatever copy, graphics, or images Janssen chooses at its sole discretion.
I hereby grant to Janssen, its affiliated entities, and anyone acting under its authority or permission, the non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to make copies of the Authorized Material where appropriate and to use for purposes related to this communications program during the time it is operating (including publicity and other trade purposes) throughout the world.
I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect and/or approve of the Authorized Material and/or the finished product or the use to which it may be applied and I release and agree to hold harmless Janssen from any and all claims, which I, my heirs, executors or assigns may at any time have against them on account of the granting of the rights set forth herein which I might otherwise have as a result of any such use or publication. Janssen has the sole discretion to decide whether, when and how to publish or post the Authorized Material, or any portion thereof throughout the duration of this campaign. Nothing herein will constitute any obligation of Janssen to make any use of any of the rights set forth herein. I hereby expressly release and discharge Janssen from any and all claims and demands arising out of the use of the Authorized Material, including, but not limited to, claims for libel, invasion of privacy, or violation of the right of publicity.
I agree that this release does not in any way conflict with any existing commitment on my part and that this release is a legally binding agreement and will be construed broadly to provide a release and consent to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. Any provisions found to be void or unenforceable shall be severed from this agreement, and not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions.
I hereby represent that I am of legal age. I state further that I have read, or have had read to me, the above authorization and release, prior to its execution, and that I duly understand the contents thereof. I have voluntarily signed this release.
Janssen reserves the right to exclude work based on inappropriateness or for reasons related to legal status of submitter. Nationality or current residence of submitter is not considered.
Terms of Service
Last Updated July 20, 2022
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) carefully. By clicking or tapping “OK” or “Agree” (or a similar term) in connection with this Agreement, you accept this Agreement.
This Agreement is between you and Janssen Global Services, LLC. (“Company” or “we” or “us” or “our”) concerning your use of the Champions of Science: The Art of Ending Stigma site located at www.artofendingstigma.com (the “Site”) or the mobile software application in connection with which you are accessing this Agreement (the “App” or “application”) (collectively, the “Services”).
USA: THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR PROVIDE THE COMPANY WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
ALL OTHER COUNTRIES: YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER IN YOUR JURISDICTION TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR PROVIDE THE COMPANY WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
IF YOU ARE USING THE SERVICES ON BEHALF OF, OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF, ANY ORGANIZATION WITH WHICH YOU ARE ASSOCIATED, THEN YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND SUCH ORGANIZATION, AND YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ORGANIZATION TO THIS AGREEMENT. REFERENCES TO “YOU” AND “YOUR” IN THIS AGREEMENT WILL REFER TO BOTH YOU AND ANY SUCH ORGANIZATION.
- Our Right to Make Changes. We may change this Agreement from time to time for valid reasons (e.g., to reflect a change in the law) by notifying you of such changes by any reasonable means and by making available a revised Agreement through the Services. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Agreement incorporating such changes or otherwise notified you of such changes. Your clicking or tapping “OK” or “Agree” (or a similar term) in connection with this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may, at any time and without liability, modify or discontinue all or part of the Services for valid reasons (e.g., to reflect changes in the relevant laws, to protect the security of the site or mobile software application, or to implement reasonable technical adjustments and improvements); offer opportunities to some or all users, at our sole discretion. We will seek to notify you by reasonable means of (i) any modifications that will have a material adverse effect on the use of the Services, taken as a whole; and (ii) any material increase in the fees charged by us to use the Services.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Services may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions. Any use of the Services is at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in doing so. We may limit the availability of the Services at any time, in whole or in part, to any person or geographic area that we choose, in our sole discretion, for valid reasons (e.g., to comply with relevant laws and regulatory requirements, to protect the security of the site or mobile software application or to implement reasonable technical adjustments).
- Acceptable Use and Rules of Conduct. You must not:
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Services any materials that are or may be: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise fail to respect the rights and dignity of others; (b) defamatory, libelous or fraudulent; (c) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (d) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right, without the express prior written consent of the applicable owner.
- Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Services any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment (each, a “Virus”).
- Use the Services for any commercial purpose, including use for your commercial purposes or any commercial purposes that will benefit you in any way.
- Use the Services for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- Collect information about users of the Services in any way, including through reverse engineering.
- Interfere with the operation of the Services or the servers or networks used to make the Services available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Services, or violate any requirement or policy of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Services.
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Services except as expressly authorized under this Agreement, without our express prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Services, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Services.
- Incorporate any portion of the Services into any product or service, without our express prior written consent.
- Systematically download and store Services content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Services’ content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services, without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the robots.txt file located in the root directory of the Services, we grant to the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Services for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. We reserve the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice.
You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for all hardware, telecommunications and other services needed for you to use the Services.
- Profiles and Forums. You may be permitted to make available certain information or materials (each, a “Submission”) in connection with the Services, including on profile pages or interactive features. We have no control over and are not responsible for any use or misuse by any third party of Submissions or for your interactions with other users. Users are ultimately responsible for their own actions. If you choose to make your personal or other information publicly available through the Services, you do so at your own risk.
- Monitoring Use of the Service. We may (but have no obligation to) monitor, evaluate or remove Submissions before or after they appear on the Services or analyze your access to or use of the Services, including analytics gathered from data that you submit through the website or application. We retain the right to use analytics gathered from the submitted data as part of overall analytics analysis.
- Company’s Proprietary Rights. We and our suppliers own the Services, which are protected by proprietary rights and laws, including all of our brand names, trademarks and service marks and any associated logos. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and logos (collectively, “Marks”) on the Services not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our Marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained in the Services should be construed as granting any right to use any Marks without the express prior written consent of the owner.
- Third Party Materials; Links. The Services may allow access to third-party information, products, services and other materials, including Submissions (collectively, “Third Party Materials”), and including any access via links. We do not control or endorse, and are not responsible for, any Third Party Materials. We have no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, and we may block or disable access to any Third Party Materials at any time. Your access or use of Third Party Materials is at your own risk and is subject to any additional terms, conditions and policies applicable to such materials.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” AND “WHERE AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY.
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AND SUBJECT TO ANY APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR POLICIES APPLICABLE TO THE USE OF THIRD PARTY MATERIALS AS SET OUT IN SECTION 8, THIRD PARTY MATERIALS ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” AND “WHERE AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIRD PARTY MATERIALS.
ALL DISCLAIMERS OF ANY KIND IN THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, STOCKHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY PARTIES”).
While we take reasonable steps to try to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Services, we cannot guarantee that they are or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to them will be uninterrupted. The Services may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Services. If you become aware of any such alteration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of such alteration and its location on the Services.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT RESTRICTS, EXCLUDES OR MODIFIES OR PURPORTS TO RESTRICT, EXCLUDE OR MODIFY ANY MANDATORY STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW: (A) WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSSES THAT WERE NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE TO YOU OR US AT THE TIME YOU AGREED TO THIS AGREEMENT, IN EACH CASE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT, AND UNDER ANY CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY (COLLECTIVELY, “INDIRECT LOSSES”). LOSS OR DAMAGE IS FORESEEABLE IF EITHER IT IS OBVIOUS THAT IT WILL HAPPEN OR IF, AT THE TIME THE CONTRACT WAS MADE, BOTH YOU AND WE KNEW IT MIGHT HAPPEN.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT LOSSES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR FROM ANY PRODUCTS OR THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INCLUDING FROM ANY VIRUS THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
THE COMPANY PARTIES DO NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT IN ANY WAY OUR LIABILITY TO YOU WHERE IT WOULD BE UNLAWFUL TO DO SO. THIS INCLUDES LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS, FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL BEHAVIOR, OR FOR FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED TEN UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($10).
ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND IN THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH COMPANY AND THE COMPANY PARTIES.
- Third Party Claims. If we are sued by a third party as a result of your breach of this Agreement or your infringement of any third-party right, then, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will be responsible for all liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by the Company Parties.
- Removal. You may stop using the Services, and thereby terminate this Agreement, at any time. We may remove or suspend your use of the Services if you do not comply with this Agreement, engage in any fraud or abuse, or if you or anyone using your account makes any misrepresentation to us. Where reasonable under the circumstances, we will provide you with at least twenty-four (24) hours’ prior notice of removal or suspension, provided that if we reasonably believe that you have breached this Agreement, we may immediately remove or suspend you. Upon any removal or suspension, your right to use the Services will immediately cease, and we may, without liability to you or any third party, immediately deactivate or delete your name and all associated materials, without obligation to provide further access to such materials. The Preamble and Sections 2-5, 8-13, and 16-19 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction. Unless otherwise prescribed by local law, this Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location. All disputes between you and us arising out of or related to the Services or this Agreement, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory and including non-contractual disputes or claims, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts located in the United States, and you waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- Filtering. Parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that may be harmful to or inappropriate for minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections (which we do not endorse) is available from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_content-control_software_and_providers.
- Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Services, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
- Copyright Infringement Claims. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Services infringe your copyright, you may write to us by mail, e-mail or fax and request that we remove such material or block access to it. Please be precise about the identity and location of the allegedly infringing materials. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, you may send us a written counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must be sent as follows: by e-mail to Domaincentral@its.jnj.com; or by fax to 732-524-6341. In the United States, the Company’s Agent for complaints related to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is as follows:
Trademark Law Department
Johnson & Johnson
One Johnson & Johnson Plaza
New Brunswick, NJ 08933
This contact information may also be used to contact us about copyright infringement claims in jurisdictions outside of the United States.
- Export Controls. The Services are subject to U.S. export controls restrictions. We will not knowingly make the Services available to you if you are, and you confirm that you are not, (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or trade sanction (currently Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, the Crimea region of Ukraine and North Korea) (see http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx for more information on U.S. sanctions); or (b) on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users (for example, including the “Specially Designated Nationals” list available at http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx).
- Forward-Looking Statements. Statements appearing on the Services that concern us, our affiliates or our and their management and that are not historical facts are “Forward-Looking Statements.” Forward-Looking Statements are only predictions, and actual future events may differ materially from those discussed in any Forward-Looking Statement. Various external factors and risks affect our operations, markets, products, services and prices. These factors and risks are described in our current annual report filed with the SEC and in other filings we make with the SEC. You can access our most recent SEC filings via the SEC EDGAR system located at www.sec.gov, or you may obtain these filings directly from us at no charge. We disclaim any obligation or responsibility to update, revise or supplement any Forward-Looking Statement or any other statements appearing on the Services.
- Other Important Terms. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and us. This Agreement is between you and us. Except as set forth in Sections 10 and 11 no other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default under this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision. All terms defined in the singular shall have the same meanings when used in the plural, where appropriate and unless otherwise specified. Any use of the term “including” or variations thereof in this Agreement shall be construed as if followed by the phrase “without limitation.” This Agreement, including any terms and conditions incorporated herein, is the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and, in the absence of fraud, supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and us relating to such subject matter. Notices to you (including notices of changes to this Agreement) may be made via posting to the Services or by e-mail (including in each case via links), or by regular mail. Without limitation, a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Neither party will be responsible for any failure to fulfill any obligation due to any cause beyond its control.
© Janssen Global Services, LLC, 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Here is where you find your SoundCloud embed code: